30 Apr Roasted Veggie Couscous
Posted at 22:24h in News
A little bit of work on the weekend and you’ll have a delicious lunch option for the week ahead. Simply roast some veggies, make the couscous and stir everything together with some fresh herbs. Works as a side dish, salad or on its own.
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into 2cm chunks
- 1 packet pre-cooked baby beetroot, quartered
- 4 baby squash, quartered, or one small zucchini cut into 1 cm discs
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 8 medjool dates, pitted and quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 1/2 cups hot chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
- 1 tablespoon flaked almonds
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add the sweet potato and one tablespoon of olive oil, half the paprika, cumin and cinnamon. Mix and place onto a lined baking tray.
- Place in the oven and roast for about 30 mins.
- Meanwhile, place the beetroot, squash and onion into the same bowl, adding the rest of the oil and spices.
- At the 30 min mark, add all of these to the sweet potato and roast for another 30 mins.
- Remove the tray and add the medjool dates. Return to oven and roast for a further ten minutes or until all veg is tender.
- In a saucepan, place the couscous and pour over the chicken stock, stirring very gently. Put a lid on the saucepan and set aside for 5 mins. Resist the urge to open the lid!
- Once the couscous is done, fluff with a fork – not a spoon as it will ruin its light texture.
- Gently stir through the warm roasted veggies, flaked almonds and coriander.
- Place in an airtight container and keep in the fridge for four days.