15 Oct Pumpkin and Goat’s Cheese Pizza
There’s something fantastic about just the right combination of sweet and salty. Goats cheese paired with pumpkin and caramelised onion is the star combination on this simple pizza. Topped with fresh basil, it can be eaten hot or cooled down and taken on a picnic.
- 1 pack pre-made pizza bases (available at Ziggys)
- 1 jar Beerenberg Caramelised Onion
- 100g goat’s cheese
- 1 tablespoon za’atar seasoning
- 1/2 butternut pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- 1 small bunch fresh basil
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees fan forced.
- Peel the butternut pumpkin and cut into cubes, approximately 2cm x 2cm. Place on a lined baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Bake for 35 minutes or until pumpkin is tender and slightly golden. Remove and allow to cool slightly.
- Turn oven up to 200 degrees fan forced.
- Meanwhile, brush the pizza bases with a little olive oil and spread a layer of caramelised onion.
- Top with pumpkin, crumbled goat’s cheese and a sprinkle of za’atar. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
- Top with fresh basil and serve immediately or slice up and pack ready for a picnic.