08 Dec Mango, Prawn & Avo Lettuce Cups
Posted at 16:36h in News
- 2 heads of baby cos lettuce
- 500g prawns, cooked and peeled
- 1 mango
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime
- Fried shallots
- Coriander to garnish
- Chilli or sweet chilli sauce (optional)
- Wash lettuce and separate the leaves.
- Lay the leaves onto a platter, selecting the medium sized ones only. You will need about 12.
- Meanwhile, puree the avocado and juice of 1 lime along with a little salt. If it’s too thick, add a few drops of ice water.
- Remove the cheeks from the mango and slice finely.
- Place a spoonful of avocado mixture onto each lettuce leaf. Top with a slice of mango, a prawn, some fried shallots and coriander. Add a little chilli or sweet chilli sauce if desired.