24 Sep Champagne Melon Mocktails
This recipe has been created as part of an ongoing collaboration with the Canberra blog Photo Before We Eat.
Pink watermelon is a perennial favourite but this summer it’s going to be all about the yellow champagne melon. It’s like the Chandon of melons!
Now, in spite of the name, today we’re making mocktails. Deliciously fresh and vibrant tasting watermelon drinks with a hint of ginger and kaffir lime. We’d even go as far as to say they’re good for you.
Of course, if you want to add a splash of your favourite tipple – maybe even some real champagne – who are we to judge?
- 1 large wedge of champagne melon
- 2 cups coconut water
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, extra for garnish
- 2 cm ginger
- 4 fresh passionfruit
- 4 short wooden skewers
- Remove the rind from the watermelon and chop roughly, reserving four small wedges with rind still on for garnish.
- To a blender add the watermelon, coconut water, kaffir lime leaves and ginger.
- Pour the mocktail into glasses and stir in a tablespoon of fresh passionfruit.
- To make the garnish, thread a piece of watermelon onto a wooden skewer then weave a kaffir lime on next to it.