Last weekend our resident foodie, Emma from Photo Before We Eat, held a Pavlova Board demonstration at our Fyshwick store just in time for Australia Day. Filling a board with everything your guests would want to top their pav is a fun way to make dessert interactive.
While Emma was there she made fresh mango curd with a zesty twist of lime. Mangoes provide a rich sweetness and gorgeous golden colour, while the addition of fresh lime gives it that familiar zing you expect from lemon or passionfruit curd.
Make this recipe and store in a glass jar in the fridge for up to four days. Somehow we think it won’t last that long!
- 2 ripe mangoes, flesh removed and chopped
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 100g cold, chopped unsalted butter
- Place the mango, sugar, lime juice and zest into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add the egg yolks and blend again until smooth.
- Bring a saucepan of water to a simmer and place a metal bowl over the top. Don’t allow the bowl to touch the water.
- Add the mango mixture to the bowl and stir continuously over medium heat until thick. This should take about five minutes.
- Remove from the heat, add butter and stir vigorously until incorporated.
- Allow to cool before placing in fridge.