As you may know, until the 20th of January 2020 we are donating $1 from every kilo of apples sold to the Australian Red Cross.
We are also encouraging all of you to buy apples and help the farmers from BATLOW get on their feet.
To help you use up all those apples, Emma from Photo Before We Eat has shared her recipe for apple tarte tatin. She even recorded a video which is up on our Instagram story highlights showing you how to make it.
Whatever you decide to bake using delicious Aussie apples, please tag us in your photos #bakingforbatlow
- 4 medium apples, peeled and cored
- 100g butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- one sheet of puff pastry
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
- In an oven-proof frying pan, heat the butter and brown sugar over medium heat, stirring, until melted (about ten minutes).
- Add the apple and stir until they are all coated.
- Add the cinnamon and salt, allowing the mixture to bubble for about ten minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and top with the sheet of puff pastry, trimming the edges.
- Place in the hot oven and bake for 25 minutes or until puffed up and golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. Drain off any excess caramel into a small jug. Reserve this for drizzling.
- Place a large plate over the pan and flip carefully.
- Top with ice cream or whipped cream and drizzle with the leftover caramel.
- Take a photo and tag @ziggysfresh #bakingforbatlow