It’s hard not to love a roast potato, especially at Christmas lunch, but when it’s a Kipfler AND it’s roasted with smoked garlic, how could you resist?
Kipfler potatoes have a rich, buttery flavour that goes so beautifully with any Christmas meats you might be serving. Teamed with our porcini mushroom gravy and festive tomato salad on the side, your holiday menu is complete!
- 1 kg Kipfler potatoes, washed but not peeled
- 3 tablespoons good quality duck or goose fat
- 1 bulb of smoked garlic (available at Ziggys Fresh)
- 6 sprigs of rosemary
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees.
- Place the duck or goose fat into a baking tray and place straight in the oven to heat up.
- Cut the Kipfler potatoes lengthways. If some are especially big, cut lengthways again so they resemble large wedges.
- Once the oven has reached the right temperature and the duck fat is hot, toss in the Kipfler potatoes carefully to coat.
- Bake for 30 mins then remove from the oven and turn each piece.
- Cut the garlic bulb in half (see picture) and brush with a little of the hot duck fat. Place into the roasting tray cut-side up.
- Add the sprigs of rosemary and return to oven.
- Turn the heat down to 160 and roast for a further 40 mins or until the potatoes are golden and the garlic has caramelised a little.
- Sprinkle generously with sea salt and serve.