This recipe has been created as part of an ongoing collaboration with the Canberra blog Photo Before We Eat.
Some of you may know a Waldorf salad as being an American dish with grapes, nuts, salad and a creamy, mayonnaise dressing.
While mayo is delicious, sometimes it’s nice to go a little lighter and a bit healthier. This version changes it up with a greek yoghurt, dill and pink peppercorn dressing. There’s also the option to crumble in some blue cheese if that’s your thing.
Aussie grapes are beautiful this time of year so, pop in store and grab a bag this weekend fo
- 1 bunch red grapes, we like Flame Seedless
- 1 small Cos lettuce, shredded
- 3 sticks of celery, finely chopped
- 1 cup pecans
- 4 rashers streaky bacon, sliced into pieces
- 1/2 cup greek yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon pink peppercorns, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- blue cheese (optional)
- In a dry frying pan, toast the pecans until warm but not burned. Set aside too cool.
- In the same pan, fry the bacon in batches until crisp, draining on a paper towel.
- Into a large salad bowl, add the shredded lettuce on the bottom.
- Top with all of the other ingredients.
- To make the dressing, mix the yoghurt, salt, lemon, peppercorns and dill.
- Drizzle over the salad ingredients and toss to combine.