Spring racing carnival is all about the beautiful hats and champagne lunches. And what would a fancy lunch be without adorable finger sandwiches?
Sure, it’s not the sort of thing you make every day but it’s certainly fun for a treat. Cucumber is a favourite with the Queen, most people can’t pass up chicken and let’s not forget the Aussie touch: curried egg.
Recently we told you that Ziggys favourite potted herb company, The Little Fresh Group, would be stocking CHIVES! Snip some fresh chives into your egg sandwich for a burst of flavour and to break up the creamy egg.
Here’s a recipe for you to try.
- 6 hard boiled eggs, mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 3/4 cup good quality whole egg mayonnaise (or aioli)
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh white bread
- Combine the mashed egg with mayonnaise and curry powder.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper to your liking.
- Add chives and stir.
- Spread over slices of bread to make sandwiches.
- Remove crusts and slice into thin strips… if you’re feeling fancy!
This recipe has been created as part of an ongoing collaboration with the Canberra blog Photo Before We Eat.